Friday, January 9, 2009

Why are People Bad Drivers?

Now I know that bad driving isn't unique to Jersey. In fact it's extremely common everywhere you go. But for some reason Jersey is a whole different breed of bad driver.

Coming from Colorado Springs I thought I had seen the worst of the worst when it comes to bad drivers. Soccer moms running late, people who think they're important driving around Briargate, 20 somethings driving downtown, and pretty much anyone between the ages of 16-19. These are all common types of bad driver in Colorado. Anyone who has actually lived in the Springs will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Then I moved to Florida. Bad drivers there consisted of foreign people who don't know how to drive in the US and teenagers and 20 somethings driving around in expensive cars that they didn't buy trying to look cool. If you were going 85 on the interstate then forget it...you were going to slow.

Here in New Jersey, absolutly everybody is a bad driver. Old, young, teenagers, foreign people, out-of-state people, fat people, skinny people, red people, yellow people, Italian people, Jewish people, Irish people, small people, tall people, cops and robbers, cowboys and Indians, and everyone in between. Nobody can use a turn signal and everybody is really quick on the horn. They give out DUI's like candy, even if your not really over the limit, and pull over anyone for anything if the cop is having a bad day.

Here's a good story to illustrate my point. Mike and I recently purchased a futon that was to big to fit in our car. So, we had to tie it to the roof with bungee cords. We had our hazards on the whole way home, not to mention there was a huge box sitting on top of a Mitsubishi Eclipse. The whole way home people where sitting behind us honking, driving around us giving the finger and angry looks. How stupid can you be!?

Driving to work is an absolute nightmare and I know I'm going to get into an accident before I leave here (although I hope I don't). If you live anywhere else in the country be greatful you don't have to deal with Jersey drivers!

1 comment:

  1. Please oh please DO NOT get in an accident while living in Jersey:(

    By the way, love the blog

    ReplyDelete